What is the game of cricket, how to play it and know its history
Cricket is a bat-and-ball game that is played between two teams of eleven players. It is one of the most popular sports in the world, particularly in England and the countries of the former British Empire, such as India, Australia, and South Africa. The game is played on a large oval-shaped field, known as a cricket ground, with a rectangular strip of closely mown grass in the center, known as the pitch.
The game has its origins in England in the 16th century and has since spread to many countries around the world. Cricket is governed by a set of rules and regulations, which are enforced by the umpires, who are responsible for making decisions on the field of play.
Each team takes turns batting and fielding. The team that is batting attempts to score as many runs as possible by hitting the ball and running back and forth between the two sets of wickets, known as the “pitch.” The team that is fielding attempts to prevent the batting team from scoring runs and to dismiss the batting team’s players by getting them “out.”
The game is divided into two main parts: the first innings and the second innings. In the first innings, one team bats while the other team fields. The team that bats first attempts to score as many runs as possible before they are all out. Once the first team is out, the second team takes its turn to bat, with the aim of scoring more runs than the first team.
The team that scores the most runs in the first innings is said to have “won” the first innings. The team that wins the first innings then has the option to make the other team bat again (known as “enforcing the follow-on”) or to bat again themselves.
The team that scores the most runs in the second innings is said to have won the match. If the scores are equal, the match is a tie or draw.
There are different formats of cricket like Test cricket, One day international, T20.
Test cricket is the longest format of the game, usually played over five days, with each team getting two innings. One Day Internationals (ODIs) are limited-overs matches, in which each team faces a fixed number of overs, usually 50. Twenty20 (T20) matches are the shortest format of cricket, with each team facing a maximum of 20 overs.
Cricket is a sport that requires a great deal of skill and strategy. The fielding team must try to prevent the batting team from scoring runs, while the batting team must try to score as many runs as possible. The fielding team can dismiss the batting team’s players by getting them “out” in various ways, such as catching the ball off the bat, hitting the wicket with the ball, or running the batting team’s players out.
The fielding team can also use a variety of strategies to try to prevent the batting team from scoring runs. They can set a variety of different field positions, depending on the strengths and weaknesses of the batting team, and they can use a variety of different bowling styles to try to dismiss the batting team’s players.
The batting team, on the other hand, must try to score as many runs as possible. They can do this by hitting the ball and running back and forth between the wickets, or by hitting the ball out of
Read Also This
- High Court Peon Vacancy: हाईकोर्ट में चपरासी के 1510 पदों पर बंपर भर्ती
- CG Peon Lekhpal Bharti : मंत्रालय विभाग में लेखपाल पदों पर सरकारी नौकरी की भर्ती
- CG PSC Lecture Jobs : चिकित्सा शिक्षा विभाग में सरकारी नौकरी भर्ती
- Revenue Department Jobs: राजस्व और भूमि सुधार विभाग में 10 हजार से अधिक पदों पर भर्ती
- Peon Chowkidar Bharti : शासकीय विभाग में निकली बंपर भर्ती जल्द करें आवेदन
- SAIL Recruitment 2023: स्टील अथॉरिटी ऑफ इंडिया लिमिटेड में निकली सरकारी नौकरी भर्ती
- Indian Oil Vacancy : इंडियन आयल में निकली सरकारी नौकरी भर्ती
- CG MGNREGA BHARTI 2023 : जिला पंचायत मनरेगा विभाग में निकली सरकारी नौकरी भर्ती
- CG Food Inspector Bharti 2023 : छत्तीसगढ़ में फूड इंस्पेक्टर के पदों पर निकली बंपर भर्ती, ग्रेजुएट कर सकते हैं अप्लाई, यहां जानें आवेदन
- Hospital Staff Recruitment : स्टाफ नर्स की 1974 पदों पर निकली सरकारी नौकरी भर्ती